Sunday 3 April 2016

"O Nuru Ube Nwanne..."

After playing 2pac and Ross' songs for over 2 hours, I decided to go back to my root by playing some vintage Igbo traditional songs. People think I have a poor taste in music, how e take concern them, Ukpai nwa Augustine doesn't know.  Chuks has always been trying to know why I prefer Paulson Kalu and Bright Chimezie to the likes of Osadebe, Oliver and Emeka Morocco. To him, I'm missing out on the real deal by listening to amateur singers (that's what he calls them). The truth is that I have tried to listen to Osadebe and co's musics but I delete them from my phone after a day or  two.
  I fell in love with Bright Chimezie after listening to his song "O nuru ube nwanne a gbala oso". The song touched my heart, in the song, he talked about people that are only willing to help you when you're dead, people that are willing to give you a nice burial when you're dead but will leave you to suffer when you are alive. "O mgbe nwanne gi nwuru gi e nyere ya aka?" -  B. Chimezie.
  All my life, I have never been the type of person to shy away from helping people. At the age of 5, I learnt how to help my fellow kids cross the road, I helped my neighbors to fetch water and other stuffs. I believe that most of the favours I receive from people today is because of the good things I did for people as a kid.
  Life has a way of working, some people are blessed with wealth while some are poor. Some people can't eat twice a day while the dogs of some people eat 5 times a day. The only time some people eat meat is when they attend burial or wedding ceremonies while the dogs of some people eat chicken everyday. At times  I wonder why some dogs should look more well fed than some humans? Nature is a partial judge I swear.
Why should some people be born into rich homes while other will be born into abject poverty? What did an innocent child in the womb do to deserve a life of hawking under the sun while  his mates are studying? What crime did the children that are roaming about the streets commit? Why are some people destined to suffer in life while some find it easy? Nature! Nature!! Nature!!! only you can answer those questions.
  Each time I see sachet water sellers here in Calabar, tears do full my eyes, they are hawking while their mates are studying. At times I do give them #50, buy one sachet of water and ask them to keep the change. Everytime I do this, they thank me and worship me as if I've solved all the problems they have.
I'm not rich but at least I try my best to help those that I'm better than. This world will become  a better place whenever the rich men decide to help the poor instead of spending the money on useless things.
All of us should try our best to put smiles on the face of anybody we come across. This world is a small village, a good act you do for a helpless boy right now might go a long way in securing the future of your kids. Nobody knows tomorrow, that homeless boy you see now may become the president of Nigeria in future, the poor boy you see now may become the doctor that will save your life in future.
  Last year December, Chinomso a friend of mine called me on phone and told me of his plan to celebrate Christmas at the orphanage with the motherless. I asked him whether he had  the money to do so, he told me he managed to save #5000 and asked me to support him with whatever I could. I was surprised that he could do such a thing because most of our friends were planning on how they will waste their lives with alcohol on that day. I praised for him for bringing up the idea and we agreed to make it a yearly stuff.
  Try and touch a life today, put smile on the faces of people, the world moves in circles. What goes around, comes around.
  "Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race...." -MJ
PS: I also like Bright Chimezie because of his constant shouts of  "Zigima", the word "zigima" sounds like the pet name of a special friend of mine "Zizi". Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment